Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Marriage Equality

This week has been history in the making. On February 9, 2015, Alabama was the 37th state to allow same sex marriages. I never thought in a million years thought I would see the day this would happen here. I am excited for my friends and for the people that have been denied legal rights for their loved ones. Nothing makes me happier than seeing two people in love. I hate that there are still people who want to strike down someone else just because they are different or have different beliefs. I am really ashamed of these Christians using hate and even tearing down the LBGT community to prove their point. I know its not all Christians doing this but its the majority. When you tear someone down and spread hate, you are not helping your cause. I was baptized Dec 21, 2008. I believe it was the best decision I have ever done. I have read the whole bible and I have attended church for many years. I believe in God and believe he loves everyone. That is why he sent his son for us.  I am also a supporter of the LBGT community. I do not see anything wrong with same sex marriage. I believe everyone should have the same human and civil rights as anyone else. I believe that is our God given right.
 I don't want this post to end up being a debate about the church and how what they believe is right or wrong because I have my opinions about that too. Maybe I'll save that for a later post. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That is the greatest thing about this country. There are so many other places where being "gay" is deemed a sickness, and where it is even illegal. I could go on all day about who went wrong where. Until people stop being afraid of something that they do not understand then this world will continue to be in turmoil. As long as you have consenting adults who love each other then whats the harm? People forget that not long ago interracial marriages were also banned in this country. Do we really want to go back in time? Or move forward to equality and acceptance for all?

FYI, I was ordained on 2/5/2015, in support of equality marriages. So yes I can marry people. #makingadifference #lovecantwait






No comments:

Post a Comment