Sunday, February 8, 2015

Unconditional

Wrote this a while ago...


As a parent I love my children unconditionally. I might not like some of the things they do or want to do. I love my kids just the way they are, I accept them for that and encourage them to be themselves and to never lose that. Be the silly person that they are and express themselves in their crazy clothes and hair. They are only kids once and they need to enjoy that before they have to grow up and take on adult responsibilities. I have taught my kids that they should like people for who they are and not what they look like. I have taught them that they should not care about the materialistic things in life, it doesn't last. I encourage them to love God with all their heart, mind and soul. And if you put God first in life he will give you the desires of your heart. He will convict you of the wrong in your life and that is the only person you should be worried about pleasing. With that said it hurts my heart to know that parents will disown their own child because of their actions of how they want to live their life. Some kids pierce their face, get tattoos, color their hair crazy colors, are homosexuals, or have relationships with different races. You are supposed to love your kids unconditionally. But people get caught up with “What is everyone else going to think if my kid shows up like that?” WHO CARES? I taught my kids to not be followers of anyone but to make their own decisions and to also think about their decisions.  The only person they are on stage for is God and at the end of the day they have the free will to live their life. Don’t sit there and think “oh my goodness how is this going to make me look?” They are not here to MAKE you look good. I guarantee the same people judging you and your kids are the very same ones with bigger skeletons in their closet. These kids have the courage to be themselves and to put that out there and that is courageous. Some adults are too afraid to even do that. So I hope you “Adults” out there will grow up some day and love your kids because they are your kids, not because of how they make you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment