Thursday, September 24, 2015

What do you get when you assume?

I love how people assume shit about me. I post things on social media that I’m passionate about. I have a heart for; animals, people, the environment, the poor, the unjust, LGBT issues, sexual assault awareness, women’s health rights, suicide awareness, animal rights, human rights, civil rights, religious freedom, freedom of speech, gun rights,  the list goes on. Most of these issues I have had personal experiences with. Which ones does not matter.

What matters is I like to post things that will get people talking and ask questions. I want people to be knowledgeable as to what is going on around you. You would be surprised to know how many people didn’t realize that the down feathers in your pillow are pulled from live geese. The farm keeps them alive to grow more feathers just to pull them out. (Just one example of what has been posted)

What I don’t appreciate is you to assume I have no experience in these issues or have never “seen” a particular situation happen so therefore how do I know it’s true. I take a lot of action that you don’t know about. I am involved in these communities. I have read their stories. I have given my support.
Recently I have had a couple of experiences of someone assuming something about me.

First example:

I posted a petition about the dog meat festival in China. I understand in some cultures they eat what we keep as pets. I also understand we eat cows and in other cultures they are sacred. But my point on sharing that petition was the fact that animals were being treated inhumanely when they are killed for food. The dogs are tortured in various ways before they are killed to make the meat taste better. Tortured. Period. That was my point.

Someone said to me after sharing that petition that basically how I have any right to say something when I buy products here from farms that do the same thing. Yes it happens here in the States also. I am not ignorant to that fact and I have shared petitions about that also. I try to make sure that what I buy are from cruelty free farms, and range free chicken eggs, etc. I am not perfect and don’t claim to be but I try to educate myself on where this is happening and to not buy from those companies. I do not buy from companies that test on animals either. We got into a pretty heated discussion about her assuming what my buying and eating habits were. Apparently I hit a nerve when I shared that post. And from what I gathered from that conversation is she is vegan so therefore I was just wrong for eating meat.

 I like meat. I have nothing against slaughter for food, but when the workers are deliberately torturing animals for their own pleasure just because they are going to slaughter anyway is inhumane. It’s wrong.

Second example:

I shared a meme about that lady who would not give out marriage licenses to gay couples wanting to get married the meme was a picture of her crying and she said, “what hurts most is when people say God doesn’t love her”, bottom of meme says, You know what Christians tell gay kids every single day.

I thought the meme was ironic.

Someone said to me “I have never heard a real Christian tell anyone that God doesn't love them and I sincerely doubt you have either.”

Different person, “I consider myself a Christian and I have never read or heard that before. Some Christians don't believe it's right but I have never heard Jesus does not love you because you are gay”
We can go on for hours, days, weeks, months and years on Religion. In fact countries are still at war because of it.  For the first person comment, a true Christian would never say that because they know that God does love them. Just like he loves the killer, the rapist, the thief, the adulterer, the child molester, the liar, the abortionist, idolist, etc.

As far as the comment of “I sincerely doubt you have either.” You’re right I’ve never heard a “true” Christian say that. I have heard many “proclaimed Christians” say that. I’ve seen signs that say God Hates Gays, and so forth. I have heard with my own two ears that homosexuals are going to hell, I’ve heard that people that have abortions are going to hell, and I’ve heard that only God can sanctify a marriage. (The 600 laws in Leviticus, was to set apart the Israelites, the Jews, from the Canaanites, considered pagan.) Marriage has been around long before the laws were given to the Israelites.

I have also heard a “Christian” use racial and derogatory words. I’m not calling out particular names because I’m not one to throw the first stone. I cuss like a sailor and I know my faults.
 I have also seen with my own two eyes a Christian father kick out his own son because of a disagreement. The main argument between them was the father didn’t not approve of how the child dressed because the father was more worried about how others thought of the family. The father was afraid of how it made the family look. Paleeze! Jesus never cared how anyone looked when he helped them. He said the greatest commandment is love. If you love your neighbor then why deny them the same rights you have. We are not to judge each other.

As for the second person if you’ve never heard of these things before then you must be in a great church. Or you are really sheltered as to how the world is. I hope it’s the first. I could go on for ages about the bible and the church. But I won’t. There are too many things to argue and discuss.

If you want to make a statement assuming something about me, don’t. Ask me. I will be glad to talk to you and get some info for you. I normally don’t reply to people who make comments assuming stuff about me or accusing stuff on me because it’s not worth my time. I’m not perfect and never claim to be. I’m pretty much an open book and I will say what’s on my mind. I do not care if we disagree. But don’t attack me without knowing my involvement in these situations. I have been through so many experiences in my short life probably more than most will experience in a lifetime. Do don’t assume anything about anyone. You never know who is privately struggling with an issue.

Whew, and not one cuss word. Crap there is one. Well there ya go. I’m leaving it for you to find.


Murica.

No comments:

Post a Comment